Why am I forced to coninually refresh

Alde
Recruit

Why am I forced to coninually refresh

Postby Alde » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Is there a way to get around having to refresh every few minutes...this is a huge pain in the butt and very annoying.....Unless there is a setting I've missed that I can change it will likely drive me away from the game....and it looks like such a nice game.

I go check my email and am gone for a few minutes, when I come back (every time without fail) I have to refresh.

Please let me know what I can do about this or I'm going to have to find another game to play.

Thank You

brian miller
Sergeant

Re: Why am I forced to coninually refresh

Postby brian miller » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:02 am

Alde wrote:Is there a way to get around having to refresh every few minutes...this is a huge pain in the butt and very annoying.....Unless there is a setting I've missed that I can change it will likely drive me away from the game....and it looks like such a nice game.

I go check my email and am gone for a few minutes, when I come back (every time without fail) I have to refresh.

Please let me know what I can do about this or I'm going to have to find another game to play.

Thank You

Every few minutes is extreme. Does a window pop up saying: 'Captain! Youve been away from the game for too long?' like this: http://prntscr.com/uju9nm or is there some other issue, like a Flash plugin or browser tab crashing?
The game will make you refresh if you havent had any activity for like 20-30 minutes. If thats the case for you, then imo thats really not a big deal since if u havent looked at it for 30 minutes, 15 seconds to refresh the game isnt that big a deal lol.

Alde
Recruit

Postby Alde » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:57 am

Well, to me it is a big deal, I play 2 other games that use flash and they don't make me refresh 20 times a day or more and maybe time just passes fast for me but it seems like it's a lot less than 20 minutes.

It's a total pain in the you know what and a deal breaker for me....too bad....looks like a nice game.

Alde
Recruit

Postby Alde » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:58 am

And not it's not crashing...hell, it doesn't have time to with all the refreshes : (

Alde
Recruit

Postby Alde » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:59 am

Another thing is the chat problem...I can't type a message...keep getting Chat temporarily unavailable message....see my other message if you're interested.

Does no one from the company moderate this forum because all I'm getting is replies from members.

brian miller
Sergeant

Postby brian miller » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:16 am

Alde wrote:Another thing is the chat problem...I can't type a message...keep getting Chat temporarily unavailable message....see my other message if you're interested.

Does no one from the company moderate this forum because all I'm getting is replies from members.

The Support in itself is a bit of a meme bcuz there's no support whatsover anymore. They are there but they've been largely silent when it comes to anything other than administrative issues. I cant remember the last time they ever answered a forum post. This game was never the most popular one out there, but it used to have a couple thousand unique players on at any given moment. Nowadays you'll get a few hundred.

As for your chat unavailable message, is it happening just in common chat or clan chat or both? I'd really have to see a screenshot of the error message to get an idea on what the problem may be. Sometimes users will be chat banned due to someone reporting them. Seeing the message you're getting would help determine the cause. You can always email Support directly to inquire about it at: Support@starcolony.com A screenshot of ur issue there will give u a better chance at having it solved, but if u provide ur game name/email address of account, they should be able to tell you if ur chat issue is account related. Any support beyond that, they'll probably just direct you to reset your browser settings or uninstall/reinstall flash. They won't really investigate or go further beyond that. And in some sense they probably wouldn't need to. This game has been out for years & nothing has changed, so if ur experiencing an issue with chat, its likely account related or something specific to you.

Its a shame this game wasnt better supported. At one point it was pretty fun & still is for a lot of people. But the devs moved on to other projects (that have failed harder than this one btw) and as a result the playerbase slowly dwindled. I've been here since the start & have always been near the top of the food chain but now I pretty much only login daily due to my OCD lol.
If you can post the screenshot of the chat error & good luck if u email support :P

Alde
Recruit

Postby Alde » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:23 pm

Too bad there is no support.....I suspected that when I saw that so many players had been absent from play for 1000 days or more.

No support for me = I'M GONE !!!!!

GreyWolf
Recruit

Re: Pourquoi suis-je obligé de se rafraîchir coninuellement

Postby GreyWolf » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:31 pm

Concernant le problème de chat, il semble que tous les nouveaux comptes doivent désormais attendre 4 semaines avant de pouvoir y accéder. Bien sûr, aucune communication n'a été faite par le support ou l'administration, puisqu'il n'y a plus ni support ni administration pour ce jeu :))))

Return to “Questions”