Adobe is offline! What do we do now?

SpaceCadet47
Recruit

Adobe is offline! What do we do now?

Postby SpaceCadet47 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:00 am

How are we going to play this game now that Adobe Flash Player is no longer supported?

PepeLePewPewPew
Recruit

Re: Adobe is offline! What do we do now?

Postby PepeLePewPewPew » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:20 am

SpaceCadet47 wrote:How are we going to play this game now that Adobe Flash Player is no longer supported?

Given that it's an mmog [massively multiplayer online game], I don't see how the suggestion in chat a few days ago about installing flashpoint makes sense at all.

I've installed it, read the manual & FAQs about it, and though I have discovered a pleasant way to find archived Adobe Flash games to play, it doesn't apply to starcolony at all.

I have limited technical knowledge and patience, but enough to see that it's not the way.

I tried to google browsers that can use Adobe flash, but that's not the issue either:

For instance, I read that Chrome 88 is going to disable Adobe Flash on January 19, 2021.

I tried on January 11, 2021 to run Chrome 88 but I get the message at starcolony.com that 'Adobe.com refuses to connect' in a grey sad square faced icon on a white background.

That's after determining that 97 players are online [68 a half an hour before that] and clicking on that now defunct white rectangular Adobe button after seeing the message on top stating, maybe your browser has blocked Adobe Flash.

So I trust that the number of player counter has always been accurate for this game [who else would brag that a mere 60-100 players are online, that's honesty].

So who are these 97 players, and what do they know that we don't about getting onto the game?

And lastly, why so slow to post the instructions on how to play the game post January 11, 2021?

I don't want my 7 day VIP to run out, lol.

Any suggestions? I'm done wasting 2 hours of my time figuring out that Flashpoint is a dead end.

Now I'm searching how to install older versions of Firefox with the old plug in that allows me to play. Shouldn't the admins be on this with instructions, etc.?

PepeLePewPewPew
Recruit

Postby PepeLePewPewPew » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:23 am

How to play StarColony without the client
Postby MrReivaj » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:52 pm

If the game is not available through the StarColony client, you can use a browser with flash support for the game, for example, https://amigo.mail.ru/

Как играть в StarColony без клиента

В случае недоступности игры через клиент StarColony, Вы можете использовать для игры браузер с поддержкой флеш, например, https://amigo.mail.ru/

Trying the above, NortonLifeLock reports:

Risk Name: WS.Reputation.1
Category: Insight Network Trust
Risk Level: Medium

2. On the same day, the same poster offers another .exe, Starcolony.exe, which
Windows Defenders suggests not to install.

So what do we do? Anything safe to install? Are the warnings to be ignored?

50 players online as I type this.

Solutions please.

mobilcom78
Recruit

Postby mobilcom78 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:02 am

Very bad application. Crashes occur frequently. The base image is huge. You can zoom out the base image, but you cannot zoom out the icons on the screen. Does not remember the size of the set image after switching from the attack

Return to “Questions”