Chat in game - moderation

Harmony
Recruit

Chat in game - moderation

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:02 pm

Hello I am new here and I have a couple of general questions re chat. First of all is it actively silently moderated with powers to instantly silence players or do the powers to be rely entirely on players reporting? Second are there any plans in the future to have a facility where a player can block/hide temporarily or otherwise, a certain player's chat without having to close the whole of chat? I have used this facility before and it is great if one just wants to ignore a particular person if someone's chat is offensive to one for example and yet still can join in and see the rest of the chat. At the moment the only option I see is to hide chat completely which is a shame as the majority of players seem ok. I ask as my second day in this game yesterday I had to hide chat completely a few times due to the offensive conversations going on. It did put me off the game a little and I was looking for such a facility which I can see is not currently available.

PS I have read the rules on chat and do understand about reporting.

Theseus
Commander

Re: Chat in game - moderation

Postby Theseus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:45 pm

I think the RU chat channel and some others are moderated actively, but I know for a fact that the EN channel is not. The admins tried to moderate it in the past, but they chose a moderator that abused their powers, and lied about issues related to the moderator. I'm not going to get into this, but, long story short, it caused many players to leave the game. People have been asking for a block/ignore feature since this game started a year and a half ago, without success, so I doubt that there will ever be one. FWIW, the "X" button in the lower right of chat clears all previous messages.

http://prntscr.com/gfg45t
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Harmony
Recruit

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks for reply Theseus. Shame about the block/ignore feature as they work well. Perhaps they will reconsider in the future :)

Theseus
Commander

Postby Theseus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:51 pm

No problem. Hope springs eternal >.>

Arreeleola
Private

Postby Arreeleola » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:18 am

I've asked for a mute/block feature several times over the past 15 months as well. The support team says they'll consider it, but we have not seen it or anything really implemented into the game in the last 15 months. The last content they added were the sets, which make them money, alongside the conquest territories. Nothing since.

To echo Theseus, hope springs eternal. (or until i find something as addicting elsewhere :P)

Matt Bradley
Private

Postby Matt Bradley » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:42 am

When they say "they'll consider it" they mean "please go away and stop bothering us".

Theseus
Commander

Postby Theseus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Unintended consequence- People go away, quit the game, and don't spend money.

Harmony
Recruit

Postby Harmony » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:18 am

Matt Bradley wrote:When they say "they'll consider it" they mean "please go away and stop bothering us".

I prefer to be more optimistic :)

Harmony
Recruit

Postby Harmony » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:22 am

Theseus wrote:Unintended consequence- People go away, quit the game, and don't spend money.

Yes. Currently I just close chat or go to clan chat as I am made of sterner stuff. However it did put me off somewhat when I started and I am sure it puts others off. I did witness a newcomer come in just to say hi and he was not treated kindly. Never saw him (or her) reappear since. I know the majority are fine and also friendly. It is a small minority. However it only takes a couple to take over the chat.

Return to “General discussions”