Language Auto-Translate

brian miller
Sergeant

Language Auto-Translate

Postby brian miller » Sun May 08, 2016 6:57 am

Given how the player base is international & has alot of players from all over the world. Wouldn't it be a great feature if the in-game chat could be auto-translated somehow, so everyone could communicate with one another? A quick solution would be to add the ability to copy text from the chat box, that way we could use a translation website to decode languages we don't understand.

I am positive that the code exists online to translate languages & that it could be adapted to your client. And having all of your players be able to speak to one another can only help to foster relationships & better game-play.

Thanks

Deserted
Corporal

Re: Language Auto-Translate

Postby Deserted » Sun May 08, 2016 9:55 am

Native speakers use many abbreviations , slang, e.t.c. so result of any automatic translation would be incomprehensible.

It's easier for you to learn russian (for example) than to learn understanding those results.

brian miller
Sergeant

Postby brian miller » Sun May 08, 2016 12:00 pm

Well i appreciate the response however your point may be debatable. There are other languages spoken besides Russian, so it may be easier to auto-translate text than trying to learn every nations language.

BetterTwitchTv is a plugin for the popular streaming site Twitch. If a foreign language is in chat, all you have to do is double click the text & its translated & u can read it. If there is slang or symbols then that word wont translate, but you can still figure out whats being said.

If it cant be done, then it cant be done. But i would think that 1 goal of a game developer would be to bring different people together, fostering & growing the community. Communication among players goes a long way towards that. From a coding standpoint I wouldnt think it'd be too difficult. But nonetheless i digress.

Thanks

Deserted
Corporal

Postby Deserted » Sun May 08, 2016 12:30 pm

brian miller wrote:There are other languages spoken besides Russian
Yeah, I see.

Actually, translation from FR and DE into EN should work fine as translation from those 3 langs into RU.
The only problem is translation from RU.

I understand why the developers didn't include this function into the game by now.
They just don't want to (and cannot) be responsible for the mistakes of translation engine.
brian miller wrote:BetterTwitchTv is a plugin for the popular streaming site Twitch.
There is no such responsibility in twitch chat. Basicly it's spamming Kappa and AAHAAHHAHHAHA all the time :)

Deserted
Corporal

Postby Deserted » Sun May 08, 2016 12:30 pm

OMG those quotes are awful

brian miller
Sergeant

Postby brian miller » Mon May 09, 2016 9:34 pm

yeah the translate function even though its not too complicated from a coding standpoint, i can see why they didnt include it. But allowing users to copy from chat, i dont know why that isnt possible.

Alot of people in chat have mentioned how they wish they could copy text from chat. People want to share links, email addresses or even copy text for web based translation services. Dont know why they made it where u cant copy text FailFish KappaPride

Return to “Ideas and suggestions”