Required Forum login

OneTwoRush
Recruit

Required Forum login

Postby OneTwoRush » Fri May 06, 2016 5:42 am

So, i have been posting here for a week or so and only today was i asked to register a name for the forums. Is that a loop hole? There should be a basic registration or connection between your in game name and the one on the forums. I'm worried that someone could post and never actually register and someone could take their name and start posting with it.

OneTwoRush
Recruit

Re: Required Forum login

Postby OneTwoRush » Fri May 06, 2016 5:43 am

To clarify, when posting a new topic before right now, i had to type the name i was posting under every single time i posted. I could have used any name, including any of yours.

maleficent
Corporal

Postby maleficent » Fri May 06, 2016 10:23 am

Your forum nickname can be different from this one in game.

OneTwoRush
Recruit

Postby OneTwoRush » Fri May 06, 2016 10:32 am

Yes, but what I'm saying is that i was able to choose a different name every time i posted. It allowed me to type whatever name i wished above the subject line and required me to put in a security code to make sure i wasn't a robot. This should be rectified.

It shouldn't matter what the name is, it can be different from the in game one. All posts by a user should have the same name though. If you notice my post count, its wrong. I posted several posts with the same name under guest or something. If you notice some of my posts, you can't click on the name, its not a hyperlink. For instance my post about "Email rewards".

http://starcolony.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34&sid=c2887b0478908a616cc4a65cb01d1de4

What I'm getting at, is suppose someone does NOT register their name when using the forum and types their name in every time. Whats to stop someone from then using their name under guest and posting against the rules?

Return to “Ideas and suggestions”