Glory wars = nuisance. possible fixes

Ark_Prime
Recruit

Glory wars = nuisance. possible fixes

Postby Ark_Prime » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:30 am

I couldn't exactly claim that glory wars are universally loathed... but i've seen enough people showing dislike of them.

A big problem is its the only war where you can get negative scores. Currently my clan is down 140 points due to two casual players who are still not familiar with the system. Sure... i could just boot them out... but that would just leave them clanless and still not knowing any better. Plus i don't want to evict friends over a score.

The issue here is negative glory. Why even have it? We can't do negative damage, lose resources by attacking (aside from gas spent on troops/mineral on scanning, neither of which affect scores for war), and we certainly do not lose XP from a failed mission... so what is the merit in negative glory?

All it does is give leaders a reason to be intolerant of casual or inexperienced players, and drive us decent but not unstoppable players absolutely mad when we get a -30 score after hitting up a base for 48% completion. Some of u either don't have that problem or don't care, but when one is doing their best to help the clan, then they hurt the overall score due to the difference of a single destroyed building (after waiting 10-60 min for an army to build)... grrr.

Get rid of negative glory and we won't get so peeved by these wars.

Another issue is that i have been told available glory is affected by experience level... which is increased by etter base and reinforcement sending. I win glory with my army, and my etter base, troop sends, and indeed the level of defence on my terra base has NOTHING to do with how much my army can do to enemy base.

I say glory should be based simply on the level of your troops and grounds.

Finally to those who have big air armies that can wipe out big glory bases every time, and to clan leaders who would expel a member over a single low score... well good for you guys. But your armies and choices does not make my points any less valid for the rest of us.

Regards
-Ark Prime.

Ark_Prime
Recruit

Re: Glory wars = nuisance. possible fixes

Postby Ark_Prime » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:40 am

Oh yea... forgot another thing. We got another member who can't participate due to dodgy internet, he might lose connection in a game so he just avoids glory war rather than give negatives due to being cut off mid-game.

As someone who has (rarely) had that happen to me too, i can say it is yet another reason to hate negative glory.

Theseus
Commander

Re: Glory wars = nuisance. possible fixes

Postby Theseus » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:54 pm

I agree with this. Maybe make it possible to lose glory from battles, but not to go below 0 glory?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Return to “Ideas and suggestions”