Your base is being watched

Matt Bradley
Private

Re: Your base is being watched

Postby Matt Bradley » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:11 pm

Do the developers even exist? We haven't heard about anything new for at least a year.

MrReivaj
Lieutenant

Postby MrReivaj » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:15 am

Yes, the developers do exist. We're constantly working on making the game better.

Maxamune
Recruit

Postby Maxamune » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:59 am

Seems like half attempt or didn't copy Clans of Clans correctly. Normally if someone scans you (before CoC change years ago, but was called scouting you), you get to watch their attack. Can't do anything but watch. Hence why all functions stop. However, at least on my screen for StarColony, I don't even get to see them attack.

Since it interrupted people so much, CoC took it out. After the change, someone can't attack you if you're online in CoC. I'm not sure that was a good fix, because it meant a person could automate staying online to never get attacked. Not everyone bot cheated like that (because in Clash it's bannable). But it did lead a lot of people to launching attacks immediately after server maintenance to catch all those poorly defended bases, before they log back in. It's been years so I don't know if that ever got fixed or improved.

You would think a simple solution is to take it out. However, if you change your base (build, move, etc) while they're scouting that's extra info back and forth; and all sorts of complications. If you let them fight a "copy" of the base at the time they scout it. Then you run into issues of, if they attack and take resources, and you spent those resources during their attack, how is it supposed to take them from your real base post attack? Send you into the negative? A safe compromise is let the player still view their base, edit their base, but not purchase anything during a scout. Let the opponent fight a snapshot of the base. Upon completion, edit the changes to supplies taken, and CH units used in defense.

But hey, that's what I'd do as a dev/coder.

Theseus
Commander

Postby Theseus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:14 pm

First of all, this isn't a copy of that game. Second of all, you can watch.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

pentagram
Private

Postby pentagram » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:18 am

I agree, it should be removed from the game, there's no use for it

Return to “Game features”